Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Week 6 Del.icio.us - Technorati - My 2.0 Thoughts

Del.icio.us was elusive to me. I got bogged down each time I tried to go in and look around. I finally joined and made myself spend time in del.icio.us. I did searches of PLCMCL2 and mdlearn2. I found "Questing Librarian" on PLCMCL2. I liked her blog on the future library. I didn't know that TAG CLOUDS are a list of tags where size reflects popularity. It is a great way to connect to sites other people with like interests have made. The thought of stalking other people's bookmarks didn't interest me until I looked at a few. It was great. I like the idea of creating bookmarks to be accessed from any computer I am using.

I explored Technorati and registered. I looked at PLCMCL2 and mdlearn2. There was someone griping about being unable to view 2.0 Ottergroup and someone was annoyed by the name and periods of deli.cio.us. I added the top favorite blog "Engadget" to my blog feeds. Top search was Ron Paul, didn't look at that one. Top Blogs, Boingboing which is a weblog of cultural curiosities and interesting technologies. Every place I looked related tags, folksonomies will take you on forever.

The delivery of library services for the future will be an exchange between library staff and customers. Library 2.o signals the end of one directional services. 2.o encourages feedback and participation by customers. I saw a blog about libraries that do IM Reference. In the future the blog buzz will be about the BEST LIBRARIAN AVATAR. Will it me the Nora Avatar or the Pam Avatar that collects the most "Amazon Stars" from satisfied customers. For the most part, I am having fun getting to know this stuff.

No comments: